Friday 26 July 2013

suzanna_makeup_photography_1

Women in the Far East have always known the secrets of coconut oil as a beauty all-rounder. They have the most lustrous skin, long, strong hair and a golden glow all over their body. The liberal use of coconut oil can take some of the credit for these beauties, although we have to admit that great genes must take some of the credit for their stunning looks.
I just love coconut oil. It's a wonder product from Mother Nature. I use it as a base for curries and as it is anti-viral and anti-bacterial, it keeps the body young and healthy. It's a mono-saturated fat, so it's much healthier than the trans-fats found in most junk and convenience foods. Apparently, it keeps you slim!
So we know it's great for your internal health, what about keeping you looking young? Coconut oil provides instant relief to dry, dehydrated and mature skins. It also gives a gorgeous glow to all skin types. It also helps with fading age spots and makes them look less prominent.

It comes into it's own as a hair oil. Warming the oil first, simply massage it straight into your hair and scalp. You will feel instantly soothed, as the oil sinks into your scalp, helping dry, flaky scalps, and encouraging strong, healthy hair from strengthened roots. Leave on for as long as possible, or put on a shower-cap whilst you have a long bath as the steam will help it absorb into your scalp. Wash off with a gentle shampoo. It makes a super gloss for your lips and it conditions them. Dry lips will love the conditioning effects of oil as it soothes and smooths. Use on it's own or under or over your lipstick for added gloss.
Coconut applied all over the body, helps to keep skin soft and supple, especially on neglected areas such as elbows, knees and feet. It's surprisingly non-greasy, although you may want to have a light shower afterwards with a gentle soap. It makes a great base for an exfoliator, just add sugar or sea salt, and massage all over your body. Wash off with a gentle shower gel and cool shower.
Coconut oil is my desert island must-have. I've made it into a handy roll-on which I take with me. It's ideal for your handbag or gym-kit. I put on my hair before I put on my shower-cap, it makes the cap glide on. It also prevents the chlorine from any water that seeps into my cap from drying out my hair.
I also put some oil on my skin after I have showered and before I go into the pool to protect my skin from drying out. After a refreshing swim, I'll roll-on some coconut oil on skin before I enter the sauna, it protects the skin from redness.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7872314

0 comments:

Post a Comment